It’s estimated that over 75% of Americans own grills or smokers. No doubt grilling is an excellent cooking method, and a significant population enjoys it during the summers. Recently, people have embraced grilling healthy foods. Additionally, you can grill throughout the year with a piece of equipment such as an electric grill.
What are some of the healthy grilled recipes? Pesto shrimp skewers and chicken with peach cucumber salsa are among the healthy grilled recipes you cook anytime. Keep reading this post to explore more recipes.
5 Healthy Grilled Recipes
Grilling is one of the healthy ways of cooking compared to deep frying. It does not entail cooking with excess fat or oil. Grilling some foods such as meat allows it to drip excess fats, resulting in a tasty flavor and nice grill marks. The list below is worth trying if you want to eat healthy grilled foods.
Grilled Lime Salmon with Avocado-Mango Salsa
If you want a healthy yet tasty meal, a grilled lime salmon with an avocado-mango salsa is one of the best choices. Grilled salmon has nice grill marks and an excellent flavor. The avocado mango salsa is also great and full of delicious. Below is what you need to cook this recipe
- Salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Red bell pepper
- Coconut water
- Mix lime juice, garlic, olive oil, pepper, and salt in a dish.
- Marinate the salmon for about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare your mango avocado salsa
- Grill the salmon for about 3 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
California Burger Bowl
Burgers are common foods. There is a likelihood you eat a burger at least once a week. So why don’t you try a healthier kind of burger loaded with veggies and fruits? It’s a low-carb meal you will enjoy. Cooking this recipe will take about 10 minutes, from preparation to serving.
Here are the ingredients needed and instructions to follow.
- Ground beef
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Sliced avocado
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Start by preparing your dressing ingredients, i.e., mix the olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, etc.
- Form the ground beef into hamburgers
- Preheat your grill
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. Ensure you attain an internal temperature of 145 degrees on the burgers.
- Make a bowl of vegetables, i.e., lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Add the burger to the bowl of vegetables. You may also add the dressing.
Key West Flank Steak
The flank steak is one the healthiest beef cuts, i.e., it has few calories and more proteins. In addition to it being lean, it has a great flavor. What if you threw the Key West flank steak on the grill and ate it on a layer of salad or even your favorite side dish? It’s an excellent healthy recipe you should try.
Below are ingredients needed and directions to follow.
- Lime juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Minced cilantro
- Chopped red onion
- Beef flank steak
- Mix cilantro, lime juice, chopped onions, olive oil, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Place your half-cut limes in a separate dish and place the flank steak on top of the limes. Then pour the marinades over the steak.
- Cover the above dish and marinate the steak for about 4 hours.
- Preheat your grill and cook the steak on it for about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes and slice it.
Pesto shrimp skewers
If you are looking for a simple and healthy grilled meal, pesto shrimp skewers are worth trying. They are gluten-free, low-carb, yet delicious. Check out below how you can cook it in about 25 minutes.
- Medium-sized frozen shrimps
- Thinly sliced lemons
- Extra virgin oil
- Ground black pepper
- Start by soaking the wooden skewers in the water for about 20 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to pat the shrimps and remove excess moisture
- Toss the shrimp, pesto, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Put it in the fridge for about 29 minutes
- Add the shrimp to the skewer.
- Preheat the grill
- Place the skewers on the grill, cook for about 2 minutes, and flip them to another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and add the remaining pesto.
Chicken with Peach Cucumber Salsa
Last on our list of healthy grilled recipes is chicken with peach and cucumber salsa. It’s one of the healthiest and tasty dinner recipes you should try. Check out below what you need and how to cook this simple recipe.
- Chopped cucumber
- Peach preserves
- Chopped onion
- Fresh chopped peaches
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Minced fresh mint
- Combine peaches, cucumber, salt, mint, peach preserves, and onion in a small bowl to make the salsa.
- Add pepper and salt to the chicken.
- Then brush a light coat of oil on the grill as you preheat it.
- Grill the chicken for at least 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the peach and cucumber salsa on top.
Above are some of the healthiest recipes you can grill anytime. They are healthy, nutritious, and easy to cook on your electric grill. Also, they have great taste.
Among other healthy grilled recipes worth trying to include grilled flank steak with summer relish, balsamic garlic grilled mushroom skewers, grilled vegetable salads, grilled taco burger, etc.