Chicken is one of the excellent choices of lean meat you should eat as part of your diet. It also has other health benefits due to its iron and vitamins.
However, the cooking method you use is essential in determining the flavor and taste you want to achieve.
Can I cook chicken on an electric griddle?You can cook various parts of the chicken on an electric griddle. For example, chicken drumsticks, breasts, and thin strips are perfectly cooked on a griddle.
This article highlights how you can cook chicken on an electric griddle and answer common questions about this topic.
How to Cook Chicken on an Electric Griddle
Cooking chicken on an electric griddle is not a complicated process once you have an electric griddle and all ingredients from your favorite recipe.
1. Start by getting all the ingredients you will need. Quantities differ depending on the number of people you’ll be serving. Below is an example of a simple recipe.
Crushed garlic clove
2. The next step entails preparing chicken breasts. First, cut it horizontally to reduce its thickness and achieve even cooking. You can as well use a rolling pin or mallet to flatten thicker chicken breasts to attain a 1.5-inch thickness.
3. Then mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a marinade. Add the chicken breasts to marinate for about 1 to 2 hours before you start cooking. You can also get the commercial marinades purchased from food stores or supermarkets if you don’t want to make one. Marinating is for adding flavor to the chicken.
4. Preheat your electric griddle over medium heat until it’s hot enough to cook. Also, you can add a minimal amount of vegetable oil to the griddle before you start cooking.
5. Add your chicken to the griddle. Additionally, you can adjust the temperature to high while cooking. Chicken breasts should cook for at least 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Also, you should attain an internal temperature of about 165 degrees F on chicken breast.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the griddle and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving. It allows the chicken breast more time to reabsorb the juices and maintaining a good flavor.
What Temperature Do I Cook Chicken on Electric Griddle?
350 degrees F is the ideal temperature for cooking chicken on an electric griddle. However, if your chicken breast is thicker, you can increase the temperature to 400 degrees F.
Also, if the chicken you’re cooking has bones, it might need such a high temperature for even cooking, or else you increase the cooking time.
How Long Do I Cook Chicken Breast on a Griddle?
How long you cook on an electric griddle depends on the size/thickness of your chicken.
Usually, a whole chicken takes about 10 minutes to cook on each side. However, small pieces of chicken take less time.
For instance, chicken wings cook for about 4 minutes on each side, chicken breast for around 4-5 minutes on each side, while chicken quesadillas cook for about 3 minutes on each side on an electric griddle.
Regardless of the period, you cook a chicken; always ensure it’s adequately cooked, even on the inside.
Therefore, use a meat thermometer to determine the internal temperature of the meat. Once again, the ideal internal temperature ought to be 165 degrees F.
You can cook chicken on an electric griddle. As you can tell from the above explanation, it’s a straightforward, quick, and healthy cooking technique.
All you need is to select your favorite griddled chicken recipe. Also, choose fresh chicken meat. You may opt to cook the chicken as a whole or choose specific parts of the chicken. Marinating the meat will also enhance the flavor.
While cooking chicken on an electric griddle, first preheat your griddle and attain a temperature of 375 degrees F on it. Also, let your meat cool down after cooking and before serving.