Pancakes are among the best and most preferred breakfast food for many reasons. First, they are easy to make and don’t take long to cook. Also, you can easily eat them with most condiments. Here is a quick fact about pancakes: Southerners account for the highest percentage of pancakes consumption in the U.S.
Can you really make fluffy pancakes on an indoor electric griddle? Making soft and fluffy pancakes is easier than you imagine on an electric griddle. You can easily regulate the griddle’s temperature, and the cooking surface is non-stick with even heat distribution. Let’s get to know how to do it, as explained down here.
What Ingredients Do you Need?
Below are the necessary ingredients you’ll need to make pancakes on an electric griddle:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White sugar
- Melted butter
- Cooking spray
How do you prepare your Ingredients?
- Start getting two clean and dry bowls enough to accommodate the amount of ingredients you need to make your desired number of pancakes. One bowl is for dry ingredients, and the other is for wet ingredients.
- Add the following ingredient to your bowl: all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, baking powder. Mix them together. Then put it aside.
- Adds your eggs to the other bowl and whisk them till they form a thick paste. Then add your milk and melted butter to the eggs and continue whisking till everything is well mixed.
- Now, add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk them until everything is well combined. If you want soft and fluffy pancakes, ensure you attain a thick batter yet a little bit runny.
- Leave the batter for a few minutes as you preheat your griddle.
Preheat your Electric Griddle
Now, preheat your electric griddle to medium heat for about 10 minutes. Preheating your griddle prevents pancakes from sticking to the cooking surface. Additionally, it ensures heat is evenly distributed all over the griddle’s cooking surface before placing your pancake batter for cooking.
Most importantly, ensure you don’t preheat your griddle over the high-temperature setting. Also, remember to spray your griddle’s cooking surface with a thin layer of cooking spray or butter.
Cook your Pancakes on the Preheated Electric Griddle
Once your electric griddle is ready, you should add small amounts (equivalent to the number of pancakes it can accommodate at once) of batter on the cooking surface.
After a few minutes, you’ll notice bubbling on the batter as it cooks. After about 2-3 minutes, your pancakes will have attained a brown color on the cooking side, and it’s a sign you flip the pancakes.
Then allow the other side to cook for about 2 minutes before removing them from the griddle. You should get golden brown pancakes. Repeat the process until all the pancake batter you had prepared is used up.
It is worth noting that your temperature shouldn’t surpass 375 degrees F while cooking pancakes on an electric griddle.
Remove and serve
Once your pancakes are ready, place them on a plate and serve them with your favorite condiment such as maple syrup, eggs, toffee sauce, ice cream, fresh fruits, whipped cream, etc.
That is how you make perfect fluffy pancakes on an electric griddle. It’s that easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need grease on an electric griddle for pancakes?
Grease or cooking oil is unnecessary when cooking pancakes on an electric griddle because such a griddle has a non-stick surface. Nevertheless, you may add some oil or grease (in minimal quantity) if you prefer to.
Why are my pancakes sticking to the griddle?
There are a number of reasons why your pancakes could be sticking to the griddle. They include:
- An extremely hot griddle or a cold griddle could easily stick pancake batter to the cooking surface.
- Flipping your pancake too early before the first side is well cooked could make your pancakes stick on the griddle.
- You’re using a griddle with a poor non-stick coat.
Why are my pancakes flat?
Probably, you made batter that is extremely wet, or your baking powder didn’t mix well with the flour. Additionally, your baking powder could be having other issues.
Check out Atgrills indoor electric griddle to cook pancakes on a cookware with natural stone coating.